Top 100 Cloud Services Providers (CSPs): 2013 List Unveiled
Nine Lives Media, a division of Penton, has unveiled the third-annual Talkin’ Cloud 100 report, which identifies and ranks the world’s top 100 cloud services providers (CSPs). The top 100 CSPs — led by Salesforce.com (CRM), Amazon Web Services (AMZN), Microsoft Office 365 and Windows Azure (MSFT), Oracle Cloud and Google Apps — generated more than $15.7 billion in combined cloud services revenues in 2012, up nearly 37 percent, according to the Talkin’ Cloud 100 report. The complete list and associated report are available now by visiting http://www.talkincloud.com/tc100.
This year’s Talkin’ Cloud 100 report features:
- Cloud Services Providers: CSPs offer SaaS (software as a service), infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and/or PaaS (platform as a service) to partners/customers. Featured CSPs include Rackspace (RAX), Savvis and Terremark, among others.
- Cloud Services Brokerages: CSBs, or cloud brokers, recommend and resell multiple cloud services to customers, and often integrate those services. Featured CSBs include Cloud Sherpas and SADA Systems, among others.
- Cloud Services Aggregators: CSAs, or cloud aggregators, typically offer a portal that allows VARs and MSPs to source multiple third-party cloud services for customers. Featured CSAs include Ingram Micro Cloud, among others.
- MSPs (Managed Service Providers) with cloud services expertise: Featured MSPs include mindSHIFT and EarthLink, among others.
- VARs (value-added resellers) with cloud services expertise: Featured VARs include TekLinks, among others.
The Talkin’ Cloud 100 report, produced by Nine Lives Media Editorial Director Joe Panettieri, is based on data from Talkin’ Cloud’s online survey, conducted January through May 2013. The Talkin’ Cloud 100 report recognizes top cloud service providers based on such metrics as:
- Annual cloud services revenue growth (actual dollars);
- percentage cloud services revenue growth;
- overall cloud revenues;
- revenue per employee; and
- types of cloud services offered.
Chief executives representing Talkin’ Cloud 100 Honorees will be profiled weekly — in “Friday’s Last Word” — by Associate Editor CJ Arlotta. (For information, email email@example.com).
“The Talkin’ Cloud 100 is the only report and list that offers a full 360-degree view of cloud computing in the IT channel,” said Amy Katz, president, Nine Lives Media. “Our research shows that the cloud ecosystem is thriving, growing and rewarding a range of companies from various channel backgrounds — including pure CSPs, brokers, aggregators, VARs and MSPs.”
Read the complete report here: http://www.talkincloud.com/tc100