Tech Data (NASDAQ: TECD) is rallying 500 resellers and channel partners today in Orlando, Fla. Among the key discussion points at the Channel Link conference: BYOD and mobile device management solutions, and profit margins for MSPs. Charles Kriete, executive VP of TDMobility, is taking the stage now to explain mobile opportunities and challenges for MSPs.
Among the key points Kriete delivered:
- TDMobility's value proposition: Providing end-to-end management of wireless services, including activation and billing, simplifying the complexity of selling mobile services for customers.
- Selling Notebooks, Ultrabooks, Tablets and Phones: Customers expect to receive those devices activated and ready for use. Tech Data's TDActivate service providers include AT&T, T-mobile, Sprint and soon... Verizon. "Our line card, together working with you, is broader than what a carrier can offer to customers on their own. You can sell products that the carriers can't.
- "We created a managed services platform for this." It's called CellManage. It's a single pane of glass for wireless mobile services, finding inactive devices, managing billing and more.
- Don't forget about mobility to data center connections and integrations, he recommended.
- "We have a small group of resellers that are doing a lot of business here and making a lot of money. We want more resellers in this market. There is some serious margin here." He points to 30 percent of notebook sales having the opportunity to activate onto cellular networks, lifting margins to 25 percent.
- He mentioned a school district win that is generating $55,000 in annual recurring revenues for an MSP.
- Sprint and iPhone 5 are coming to the Tech Data channel.
- Verizon is coming into the Tech Data ecosystem.
- On the managed services front, watch for a MicroCorp. relationship.
- For Mobile Device Management and Security, Tech Data is working with MaaS360 by FiberLink and NQmobile.
- Tech Data is preparing a BYOD and Mobile Device Management platform for channel partners.