Our SaaS 20 stock index, which tracks software as a service stocks, is now down more than 5 percent in 2009, having slipped a nominal 1.22 percent for the week ended January 23. Here's a look at the weekly SaaS winners and losers.
On the upside this past week, SaaS 20 Stock Index winners included:
- Google (GOOG, up 8.35%): The Motley Fool (one of my favorite investment sites) offers these perspectives on Google's stronger-than-expected financials. Separately, most channel sites are keeping a close eye on the new Google App Reseller program.
- SuccessFactors (SFSF, up 6.03%): The HR-focused SaaS company plans to annouce quarterly results on February 9. The company is quick to note that it has grown from 92 customers in 2003 to more than 2,000 customers today.
- Athenahealth (ATHN, up 5.14%): The on-demand IT healthcare specialist signed a contract with University Hospitals (UH) in Cleveland, Ohio, one of the nation’s largest community-based health systems. According to a press release, the deal is Athenahealth’s largest client contract signing to date.
- Omniture Inc. (OMTR, down 10.46%): The maker of online analytics software may be suffering from online outages, according to Forbes. Omniture expects to announce quarterly results on Feb. 5.
- NetSuite Inc. (N, down 8.57%): The online ERP and CRM specialist didn't disclose any "bad" news during the week, but NetSuite did score a deal with Campus Living Villages.
- Salary.com (SLRY, down 6.64%): No major news out of Salary.com either, but the online HR software provider expects to announce financials on February 5.
MSPmentor is updated multiple times daily. Don’t miss a single post. Subscribe to our Enewsletter, RSS and Twitter feeds and Resource Center.