The third-annual MSPmentor 100 list is now live at www.MSPmentor.net/top-100-msps. A complete PDF report will debut at 9:00 p.m. eastern today. You'll notice plenty of changes to the top 100 list this year vs. previous editions. No doubt, 2009 was a challenging year for many managed services providers. But there was plenty of good news, too. Here are some quick stats and items to consider from this year's MSPmentor 100.
First, some bright spots:
- Total recurring revenue for the MSPmentor 100 member companies was $702 million in 2009, up 31% from $536 million in 2008.
- MSPmentor 100 survey participants increasingly promote SaaS (software as a service) and cloud options to their customers, including hosted/SaaS email (67.7%); hosted/SaaS SharePoint (36%) and hosted/SaaS CRM (18.9%).
- Only 43 companies made this year's MSPmentor 1o0 and last year's list.
- Only 14 companies have landed on all three of our annual MSPmentor 100 editions.
Networking UpWhy the turbulence? One answer involves survey participation, which has enjoyed double-digit growth since we launched the original MSPmentor 100 effort in October 2007. The more companies participating in the annual survey (now 1000+), the more difficult it is to land on the final MSPmentor 100.
The other obvious answer is the economy. Contrary to some glowing media reports, many MSPs weren't immune to the global economic crisis.
Finding MSPmentor 100 InformationHow can you learn more from the MSPmentor 100 companies? Here are a few thoughts...
- The MSPmentor 100 webcast, featuring two CEOs representing two MSPmentor 100 companies, kicks off today at 2:00 p.m. eastern. If you missed it, register now to see the archive (which debuts Feb. 15).
- A complete, 20-page MSPmentor 100 report (PDF download) will debut in the MSPmentor Resource Center later today. (Registration is required.)
- Links to all MSPmentor 100 companies are now live in the MSPmentor 100 center.