MSP 501 Application Deadline Imminent
A lot of managed service providers (MSPs) didn’t use their three-day Memorial Day weekend to lounge by the pool. Submissions for the MSP 501, the IT industry’s most comprehensive ranking of MSPs worldwide, skyrocketed over the weekend as our valued procrastinators rushed to throw their hats in the ring by the May 31 deadline. This year’s pool of applicants is shaping up to be the largest and most diverse we’ve ever had. Is your MSP practice rocking and rolling? Then stand and be counted among the best MSPs around the globe.
We’ve fielded a slew of questions from applicants this week, ranging from “Can I apply if I only provide one managed service?” to “Am I eligible if I’m located in the Middle East?” The answer is “yes” — no matter how big or small, or where around the globe you’ve set up shop, we want to peek under the hood of your managed service practice. The MSP 501, in addition to recognizing the best and brightest of the Channel Futures and Channel Partners community, results in a trove of data that’s always in high demand as MSPs look to see how they stack up against their competitors, vendors study trends to inform the strategic road maps of their partner programs and channel chiefs look to see which of their partners show the most initiative and potential.
We’d be remiss if we didn’t also admit that the trends the survey reveals guide our editorial team so that we can provide the most relevant, insightful content for our valued readers. As all the OEMs say, “We only succeed when our partners succeed.” We want to show you emerging opportunities and thought leadership you can use to guide your own business strategy. MSPs that place in the 501 serve as real-life case studies our editors can draw upon to inform our coverage.
This year, for the first time, Channel Futures and Channel Partners will recognize the 501 winners at a members-only gala at Channel Partners Evolution, held this year in Philadelphia, Oct. 9-12. In addition to those MSPs that placed in the 501, we’ll be handing out several special awards such as our Lifetime Achievement Award, Newcomer Award and Vanguard Award. But not everyone can have a say in these awards; only those partners that apply for the survey can submit nominations for these coveted honors.
You can apply for the survey here, and don’t forget to reference our FAQs listed below. If you have any questions or issues, contact our MSP 501 editor Kris Blackmon. We hope to see your application come through, and best of luck to all of our applicants.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I save my progress and return to finish later? The survey platform defaults to “save.” As long as the applicant has cookies enabled, the user can come back at a later time to complete the survey/form.
- Can I edit my answers? Applicants can back up in the survey and adjust data as needed before clicking the Submit button.
- Will I receive a copy of my answers? Upon submittal, applicants will receive a confirmation email to the email address provided that contains a PDF copy of their responses.
- What do you need for revenue verification? We require a letter of verification from a financial professional (CPA, CFO, accounting manager, etc.) attesting to the veracity of applicants’ self-reported numbers.
- What if I have technical difficulties? For help troubleshooting your application, please email Kris Blackmon at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will work with the Informa data team to ensure your application is complete and that you receive a copy of your answers in a PDF so you can make sure your information is accurate.
- When does the survey close? The 2018 MSP 501 will close for applications at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, May 31.
- When will the winners be announced? Winners will be announced on Channel Futures on June 26, 2018. They will be honored at a special MSP 501 Gala at Channel Partners Evolution, Oct. 9-12, in Philadelphia.