MDM Vendor AirWatch’s Momentum Builds in Early 2012
Mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management and mobile content management solutions provider AirWatch has seen big momentum in the first half of 2012 with mobile security software bookings increasing by more than 450 percent, the company has reported. Plus, the company has doubled its number of MDM customers in the last twelve months and increased its employee county by 200.
This and other numbers are part of a recent press release about the company’s momentum. Because the company is privately held, it does not release information about revenues and profits. (You can take a look at our recent company profile of AirWatch here.) But here’s a look at some of the other claims the company makes.
- In the United States, 7 of the top 10 retailers use this MDM vendor’s offering.
- The company currently has 3,000 customers and about 700 global employees.
The company also released the following information on some of their global customer base:
- Skanska — a development and construction company — uses AirWatch to manage their deployment of over 6,500 mobile devices. Skanska employs the App Catalogue to distribute required applications.
- McAllen Independent School District selected AirWatch to manage over 25,000 of the district’s mobile devices. The district chose the company’s solution for the full device management capabilities and role-based provisioning.
- Five Star Bank uses the company’s cloud-based, software as a service (SaaS) to enforce security policies on their devices.
The MDM vendors solutions helps to deploy, secure, monitor and manage an enterprise’s entire fleet of Android, Apple iOS, Apple Mac OS X, Blackberry, Symbian, Windows Mobile and Windows Phone devices.
Channel favorite Azaleos recently announced a partnership with AirWatch to power its mobile device management offering. Azaleos said the new service would include the following: proactive 24×7 monitoring and management of company-issued and employee-owned mobile devices with new features such as device security management, AirWatch MDM server architecture activation, private cloud/on-premise and public cloud/SaaS options, and continuous monitoring.
More information about AirWatch’s partner program is available here.