Say hello to the sixth managed services merger or acquisition that MSPmentor has spotted so far in 2011. This one involves NetGain, No. 28 on last year's MSPmentor 100 list, acquiring DLP to push into the Cincinnati, Ohio, market. Here are the details.
Earlier in December 2010, MSPmentor explored NetGain's growth and progress in an MSPmentor 100 profile. Fast forward to the DLP acquisition, and NetGain plans to retain DLP's sales and service teams while hiring additional account executives to meet market demand. The employees, however, will now represent NetGain.
DLP was seen as a "natural fit" for NetGain, since DLP customers now have access to specialized technologies within the larger NetGain organization.Also, NetGain can expand its regional reach and focus on very small businesses to enterprise-level organizations in Cincinnati. Robin Fischer, previous owner of DLP Technologies, plans to serve as lead engineer of NetGain's Cincinnati office.
This is the sixth MSP-related merger or acquisition MSPmentor has spotted since the start of 2011. The other deals have involved:
- Microholdings US acquiring ConnectIT Networks Inc.
- Konica Minolta acquiring All Covered, a national MSP that plans continued acquisitions
- mindSHIFT acquiring Alpheon, the health care-focused MSP
- Printelligent acquiring DirectPointe’s managed print services business
- Fully Managed acquiring HIT Business Solutions as part of a Canadian expansion plan
Sign up for MSPmentor’s Weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Follow us via RSS, Facebook, Identi.ca and Twitter. Check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com. Read our editorial disclosure here.