Managed Services: 7 Blogs MSPmentor Didn’t Write, Nov. 9
I'm back home after ConnectWise IT Nation. We've got a boatload of additional content to publish. But I'm a little sidetracked with more Sandy-related recovery stuff here on Long Island. Here are seven managed services provider (MSP) news stories and blogs the MSPmentor team didn't have a chance to write for the week ending Nov. 9, 2012.
I suspect some or all of the items below will become dedicated blogs this week.
7. Brothers Building a Business: Arnie and David Bellini discuss the early years of ConnectWise, transforming a small family business into a company; the best trick for looking like you have experience when you're 22 years old (this is a classic tip, coming soon); and the secrets to ConnectWise's branding and marketing over the years. Full blog this week.
6. Network Audits: Level Platforms CEO Peter Sandiford shared some background with me, describing how audits are driving new business for VARs and MSPs. Deeper details soon.
5. Huge MDM Win: N-able Technologies has already won some huge mobile device management (MDM) deals — and their MDM software is still in beta. We've got the details and fresh views from Senior VP Mike Cullen. Stay tuned.
4. New World Man: A managed services expert from Australia may soon invade the U.S. market. It's a heck of a story. And we've got it.
3. Financial Cliff: HTG Peer Group members are preparing for the best but watching out for the worst as the U.S. government seeks to avoid a financial cliff.
2. Certification Moves: ConnectWise's Gerwai Todd describes how the company offers a central location for MSPs and VARs to pursue certifications from numerous companies.
1. Michael Dell: A few readers have been asking about that Michael Dell interview. You'll be able to read it tonight on MSPmentor.
Bonus: Don't forget to fill out the MSPmentor 100 survey to see if your company ranks among the world's top managed services providers.