LabTech Software, the small but fast-growing RMM (remote monitoring and management) software provider, has launched LabTech 2011 -- a platform upgrade that offers improved SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) capabilities, custom alerts, and other performance enhancements for the channel, the company asserts. The latest LabTech release debuts amid a crowded field of upgrades, and one week before the Kaseya Connect User Conference in Las Vegas. Here's the update.
According to a LabTech press release, version 2011 offers:
- SNMP discovery, detection and collection;
- custom alerts and new alert templates;
- heads-up displays that allow non-administrators (with the appropriate permissions) to view, edit, or modify the HUD;
- LabTech Marketplace, a centralized location for default LabTech configuration setups;
- LabTech Mobile, including new Apple iPhone and Google Android capabilities.
- recurring maintenance capabilities;
- A new Patch Manager for centralized hotfix patches;
- new Telnet abilities; and
- deeper ConnectWise Integration.
Recent HistoryLabTech gained considerable momentum heading into 2011 after ConnectWise Capital, the investment arm of ConnectWise, made an investment in the company. But LabTech CEO Matt Nachtrab has been quick to point out additional LabTech moves to drive momentum. Next up, LabTech is believed to be exploring a potential promotional offer for ASCII Group members.
Moreover, LabTech is trying to expand its software beyond the MSP ecosystem, promoting LabTech 2011 to break-fix resellers that want some recurring revenue pipelines without necessarily betting the entire business on managed services.
Sign up for MSPmentor’s Weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Follow us via RSS, Facebook and Twitter. Check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com. Read our editorial disclosure here.