itControl Solutions: Channel VP Exits But Partner Commitment Remains
As itControl Solutions prepares several initiatives within the managed services market, sources confirm VP of North American Channel Development Ted Roller (pictured) has left the company. Here's an update and some perspectives on itControl Solution's strategy for the itControl Suite platform.
Chatter for this blog entry started a few days ago, when several sources told me Roller had left itControl Solutions. Reached by phone Roller politely declined to comment, but several industry sources confirm his departure to MSPmentor.
I next reached out to David Toms, senior VP of global sales and marketing at itControl Solutions. Via email, I asked about Roller's status and also pursued an update on itControl Solutions' business strategy. In an email reply, Toms didn't mention Roller's status. But Toms did offer some bigger-picture perspectives.
- itControl continues to accelerate the Channel focus with increased collaboration with the SYNNEX USA "On Demand" Services team.
- SYNNEX Canada is launching the SYNNEX services portfolio with itControl Suite across their Canadian Channel partner community.
- itControl has signed a "very strategic" contract with the Mi6 Group to work directly with myself, as an extension of our Senior Management team to build out a topdown Sales/Marketing Global expansion plan. Mi6 Group has commenced with an initial assessment to include all current itControl routes to market, and recommendations to the itControl Executive team as to future improvements, marketing investments and channel programs, and products.
- Mi6 Group is consulting on the Sales structure, staffing and coverage models, and early changes have already been made as itControl continues building a foundation for continued 'hyper growth.'
- itControl Solutions has signed a strategic agreement with "Search Engine People" to design and manage ongoing Search Engine Optimization, Web lead generation programs for our Channel partners. This will also include a complete re-design and launch of the itControl general website, and Channel Partner portal.
- itControl is on track to complete the full rollout of the latest version of our itControl Suite (code named CAKE) by June 21st. Current CAKE conversions have been well received, and running smoothly, and on schedule.
- itControl Solutions is moving to a new "worldclass" office in Toronto, effective June 4th, as a result of the excellent growth the company has experienced.
Toms added: "There are some future developments and partnership announcements that will clearly demonstrate that itControl Solutions is changing the landscape in the Managed Services software space. Stay tuned over next 30-60 days for some additional details."
My take on the situation: Based on interviews with multiple sources, it sounds like Toms and Roller had a difference of opinion in terms of how to itControl Solutions should tackle the channel. And based on the bullet-point list above, it sounds like Toms wants to assure MSPs that itControl Solutions remains committed to the channel.
Roller is well-regarded by several channel related sources with whom I spoke, so I suspect he'll remain in the channel.