DaaS Provider Desktone Intros Training, Certification Program
Several MSPs I’ve spoken with recently are exploring or using desktop as a service to help mitigate the risks that come with the bring-your-own-device trend going on at so many businesses today. The issue? How to protect business data when it’s on the user’s device. Desktop as a service offers a workaround by keeping the data in the cloud.
This hasn’t gone unnoticed by desktop as a service provider Desktone, Inc.. The Massachusetts company is capitalizing on this trend with a new training, certification and support program for partners designed to accelerate customer deployments of DaaS. The Desktone’s new partner program is designed to provide service providers, resellers and technology partners with the technical, sales and marketing tools to boost customer adoption of DaaS. Introduction of the Program comes on the heels of a record growth year for the company which signed more than 20 new partners including Dell, Quest, Fujitsu, Netelligent, Cisco, NetApp and Navisite.
Desktone’s DaaS offering provides a software platform that service providers can use to offer virtual desktops as a service via their own cloud or through a public or a private cloud. These virtual desktops are available on-demand to any device, including those owned by users rather than businesses.
Desktone’s new program supports three types of organizations, the Desktone-Powered Service Provider, the Desktone-Powered Reseller and Desktone-Powered Technology Partner. Desktone says that all of its partners have will have access to the following services:
- The Desktone Partner Portal – An online solutions center with documentation, troubleshooting materials, marketing collateral and an interactive forum for feedback
- Desktone University – Online training and certification programs for technical, sales and marketing professionals
- Quick Start Tools – Three month rapid proof-of-concept and free demo desktops to try out the Desktone Platform
- Technical Support – Platform installation services, monitoring, testing and help desk support
- Professional Services – Expert support from a Desktone Technical Account Manager, a Channel Sales Manager and a Project Manager to assist with business optimization
- Sales & Marketing Support – Extensive sales and marketing enablement based on Desktone’s years of experience offering DaaS
Desktone says its DaaS offering is $10 to $15 less per month per desktop than traditional, on-premise VDI solutions and can help service providers achieve 15 to 20 percent increased margins.
More information about the Desktone partner program is available here.