MSPs: Bigtincan Launches BYOD Alternative
Managed services providers (MSPs) searching for bring your own device (BYOD) alternatives have yet another option to choose from. Bigtincan has released its bigtincan hub, a content and productivity solution for mobile devices to offer MSPs another option for securing content on tablets, smartphones and other devices. The company's solution is a social platform that delivers benefits to IT professionals through content policy management, security and data leakage protection, document management, contentIQ, socialIQ and live video collaboration.
"BYOD is changing the business landscape," says Bigtincan CEO/Managing Director David Keane, "and before now security was one of the biggest barriers to widespread adoption." According to the company, the bigtincan hub allows enterprises to maximize the profitability and productivity of their mobile workforce by delivering an integrated system existing and emerging mobile platforms, which provides users with the most up-to-date, valuable and accurate business content.
What features are available to MSPs?
- Content policy management — safeguard sensitive information by ensuring content is viewable by intended recipients and prevent users from accessing content in specific places through location-based content control.
- Security and data leakage protection — enables IT professionals to ensure that content is securely delivered and that users can't move content from the secure container.
- Document management — directly edit, mark-up, and organize nearly any form of content including Microsoft Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, PDFs, HTML5 content, videos, ebooks, and podcasts.
- ContentIQ — prioritize content through a scoring system that ensures the most relevant content is read first.
- SocialIQ — a content metrics system that tracks sharing analytics: content rating, subscribing, and sharing.
- Live video collaboration — view and listen to colleagues during direct feedback and editing sessions.
Other features include: groups, channels, and story control. "Bigtincan hub embeds all of the necessary security and content controls that can empower businesses to take advantage of the huge productivity opportunities that tablets and smartphones can offer mobile workers," says Keane.
The company's solution works with any iOS, Android device, and a HTML5 version for use on PCs and Macs. Any MSP interested in a free trial can register here. To learn more about Bigtincan, visit the company's website.