SOTI Inc. today has introduced a new version of its MobiControl mobile device management solution designed specifically for educational institutions. The brand new mobility management solution, called MobiControl for Education, was developed for information and learning technology (ILT), remote control for 1:1 student to teacher interaction and learning programs in K-12, and higher education segments. Here are the details.
MobiControl for Education enables schools to manage their mobile assets and also ensure the responsible use of mobile technology in the classroom, regardless of whether the device is owned by the student or the school. The solution provides web filtering and application management to eliminate the potential for access to objectionable material.
MobiControl for Education also offers the following features:
- Security features including geofencing, remote lock/wipe, and password enforcement.
- Remote Control for 1:1 interaction between teacher and students, allowing educators to assist students and perform assessments in real-time.
- Web filtering technology for web browsing in the classroom.
- Kiosk Mode for primary learners, special education and library applications.
- Classroom App Catalog for management of educational applications, a way for teachers to deploy educational applications based on curriculum and student performance.
- Support for Apple iOS, Google Android, and Microsoft Windows devices.
"Our unique approach goes beyond standard device management into mobile application management, responsible use, and location-based services that deliver peace of mind for administrators and educators as well as a highly engaging learning experience for students."Currently, hundreds of educational institutions are deploying MobiControl, according to a company spokesperson. Through a partnership with Verizon Wireless and Samsung , SOTI is currently empowering 470 students at East Orange Campus High School in East Orange, N.J. are with its solutions. Blue Dart, an integrated express package distribution company in South Asia, also has selected SOTI MobiControl for MDM back in October.