With the new year around the corner, managed services providers (MSPs) are gathering last minute mobile device management strategies for discussion, analysis, and implementation. Many MSPs will make resolutions for the upcoming new year, however, many will fail at sticking to them. Not sure what to add to your list? Start here.
Being prepared for the 2013 MDM market will put you ahead of your competitors and will keep your current clientele at ease. Take a look at the following articles for a quick glance of the market in the upcoming year.
- Plan Your Defense: Top Malware Trends of 2013 -- Malware defense may not be at top of mind during the holidays. But with the new year around the corner, it’s a good time for managed services providers (MSPs) to reevaluate their security systems and research any potential threats. Will you ring in the new year with any unpleasant surprises?
- BI Goes Mobile: MDM Strategy for 2013 Trends -- Mobile access to business intelligence (BI) will become more in demand in 2013, according to Forrester Research, Inc. (NASDAQ:FORR). The company recently released its BI predictions for 2013, and Forrester predicted that BI will continue to grow and that there will be more demand for mobile access to BI tools. How will that impact your mobile device management (MDM) strategy?
- Android, iOS Top Mobile Operating Systems for Developers -- The interest in iOS and Android platforms remains stable in the fourth quarter of 2012, according the latest Appcelerator/IDC quarterly report. The joint survey of nearly 3,000 mobile developers reveals higher interest in developing applications for Google Android and Apple iOS operating systems, providing an interesting perspective for anyone following mobile device management (MDM). Despite the introduction of new products in the fourth quarter, the interest of the respondents remains unchanged since the third quarter of 2012, with Android phones posting modest gains and tablets based on Google’s mobile OS posting a modest drop-off.
- How Personal Is Mobile Device Management? -- A new study by the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism, in collaboration with The Economist Group, has encouraged me to rethink mobile device management (MDM). According to the study, men are more than likely to get news on tablets than women, and the same goes for smartphones. Each day we learn more and more about the users of mobile devices and their habits. So, instead of basing MDM strategy on mobile devices, what if we focused on the users?
- Gartner: Mobile and MDM, The Big Picture -- It’s pretty safe to say that mobile technology and mobile device management are among the hottest technologies right now in the channel and elsewhere, so it’s not surprising that research juggernaut Gartner (NYSE: IT) has been providing quite a bit of market insight on them. The company has issued a series of reports that managed service providers may find helpful in navigating the MDM marketplace. Here’s what you need to know.