What do you get when you combine a remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform with a mobile device management (MDM) solution? Many possibilities may come to mind, but a partnership between Continuum -- a provider of RMM and business continuity solutions -- and Fiberlink, a provider of cloud-based solutions for MDM and mobile application management (MAM), is one of the newest possibilities. The companies state that the partnership will enable Continuum managed service providers (MSPs) to offer mobile device management to the small and medium-sized business (SMB) market.
What type of advantages will Continuum managed service providers receive? According to the company, a broader range of MDM functionality, more robust security management, simplified deployment, and superior support for the bring your own device (BYOD) trend. Fiberlink's MaaS360 solution enables Continuum to offer an MDM solution with its platform. The following features are available to MSPs:
- End-to-end MDM -- device provisioning, security, monitoring, and reporting to app distribution and document sharing are all available through a single platform,
- BYOD support -- standard security services such as remote device lock and password enforcement, but also the ability to selectively wipe corporate data, automate procedures for lost devices, prevent data leaks, detect and restrict jail-broken and rooted devices,
- MaaS360 cloud extender -- integration with a company's existing infrastructure,
- Granular policy management -- the ability to define user roles based on developments or teams within an organization,
- Vertical compliance assurance -- a compliance engine that can be used for highly regulated industries such as legal, financial services and health care,
- Exceptional user experience -- ability to diagnose and resolve device issues in real time through a self-service web-based portal,
- Intelligent and actionable reporting -- allows MSPs to collect data on everything from hardware and software inventory, configuration settings, mobile usage and deployment trends.
Continuum's MDM solution will be offered as a limited release in December 2012 to a small number of partners. Back in October, Continuum released a new Apple iOS app called ITS247, developed in cooperation with LogMeIn. At the same time, Fiberlink commissioned a Harris survey to look at the business discussion regarding the BYOD trend.