Unified identity services provider Centrify Corp. recently announced the general availability of Centrify for Mobile 2013 and Centrify for Software as a Service (SaaS) 2013. The company designed the Centrify Cloud Services platform to enable these integrated capabilities, delivering secure, enterprise-class mobility with integrated application single sign-on (SSO) to improve security and increase workforce productivity in the enterprise. Here's the scoop.
According to the company this solution goes beyond mobile device management (MDM) and SaaS SSO, providing also mobile application management (MAM) and Zero Sign-on for browser-based applications and mobile applications. These extra factors will address the IT and user challenges surrounding bring-your-own-device (BYOD) adoption and the explosion of cloud-based apps, according to the company.
Centrify for Mobile 2013
Centrify for Mobile 2013 includes new capabilities such as mobile authentication services (MAS) and mobile container management (MCM). Other new features include:
- Mobile authentication services -- Enables zero sign-on authentication for mobile applications to cloud services, leveraging Active Directory.
- Mobile application management -- MAM provides unified interface to manage both mobile and web applications, assign access rights based on roles, as well as auto-provision and de-provision mobile applications centrally. Additionally, this includes an enterprise app catalog with user self-service and support for 3rd party apps and custom apps.
- Enhanced mobile device management -- Offers expanded device management support for both Android and iOS platforms with full control over devices, auto-management of ActiveSync mailbox access control lists, and integration with Apple Configurator for mass or bulk deployment and remote management of iOS devices.
- Mobile container management -- Available to device manufacturers and service providers, MCM enables centralized management capabilities supporting secured containers to provide users with single sign-on for seamless access to mobile and web applications within the container. This provides the user with separate work and personal environments where enterprise IT can ensure proper security on the work environment without adversely affecting user privacy or usability of the personal device.
- Unified administration -- Centrify Cloud Services delivers a unified administrative experience for Mobile Device Management and Mobile Container Management, as well as Mobile and Web application and application authentication management all through a single web console, the Centrify Cloud Manager.
Centrify for SaaS allows users to use their existing Active Directory credentials to get SSO to their SaaS apps from a web browser, running on any system, laptop or mobile device. The capability also supports cloud-based apps, including Salesforce.com, WebEx, Box.net. In addition, the service offers the company's MyCentrify portal where users obtain one-click access to all their SaaS apps from their PC and can use self-service features that let them locate, lock or wipe their mobile devices, and also reset their Active Directory passwords or manage their Active Directory attributes. A mobile app version is also available on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
"While a number of point products offer simple SSO to SaaS applications and basic MDM capability, the Centrify Cloud Services platform raises the bar in providing enterprises with true mobile enablement for their mobile and SaaS-driven environments with our Unified Identity Services," said Centrify Senior Director of Product Management David McNeely. "With Centrify, users get to use the devices they choose and one-click Zero Sign-on to their apps to help them be more productive at work, while enterprise IT easily centrally manages and secures all these user-centric applications and devices on their networks. The unification of mobile and identity management truly enables today's changing mobile landscape."
Samsung Electronics Co, Ltd selected Centrify's latest solution for Samsung's next generation mobile enterprise solution. The solution is being demonstrated for the first time this week at the RSA Conference 2013 in San Francisco and at the Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona.