3LM has announced the release of version 3.0 of its security and management platform, adding support for Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). The new version, which provides Mobile Device and Application Management (MDAM), supports both handsets or tablets operating on the Android 4.0. The update also includes several new security and management features, as well as management and security support for Apple's iOS-enabled iPhones and iPads.
3LM is a wholly-owned but independently managed subsidiary of Motorola Mobility (NYSE:MMI) and offers enterprise-grade security, management and remote access for Android-based mobile devices across multiple Android handset manufacturers.
The latest version of 3LM includes the following:
- Support of certain Apple iOS devices
- New interface for IT administrators
- Control usage of ADB on employee devices
- The ability for users to remove 3LM DM has been disabled.
- Removal of copy and paste between corporate apps and non corporate apps
- WiFi SSID whitelisting
- WiFi configuration