SunGard Availability Services Inc. has put the spotlight on four executives to expand the company's services portfolio -- which include cloud computing, disaster recovery and managed hosting offerings. Among the four executive moves worth watching...
1. Michael Beck: Beck takes over as SunGard's vice president and general manager of managed services. Beck was part of a team that built the outsourcing services for HP. Before taking his new position with SunGard, Beck was the senior vice President of On Demand Global Delivery and Operations at Oracle.
2. William T. Price: SunGard's new senior vice president and general counsel has nearly a quarter century worth of experience in corporate, legal and operating service. Price previously led AT&T's Enterprise Sales Legal Team.
3. Robert C. Singer: Singer is executive VP and CFO, driving the organization's financial operations. He previously was VP and CFO of Algeco Scotsman.
4. Patrick Doherty: Doherty has been with Sungard since 2003; he now takes on a new role as the company's executive VP of North American Sales and Marketing. Doherty has led product management, strategy and channel sales organizations during his eight years with SunGard.
According to SunGard's website, the Availability solutions team:
- Helps 10,000 customers worldwide achieve uninterrupted access to their mission-critical data and systems;
- employs more than 3,000 professionals with extensive Information Availability experience;
- supports more than 30 computing platforms;
- provides more than 5 million square feet of hardened, secure operations space;
- has a 100% recovery record;
- has over 40 mobile facilities staged in strategic locations;
- manages 90 hardened IT facilities connected by a redundant, global dedicated network backbone;
- has successfully supported over 100,000 tests and more than 3,400 declared disasters worldwide;
- has written more than 100,000 action plans; and
- has business continuity consultants working over 250,000 hours annually.
Sign up for MSPmentor’s Weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Follow us via RSS, Facebook and Twitter. Check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com. Read our editorial disclosure here.