Permabit And Blue Arc OEM Relationship: VMware Optimized
Permabit and BlueArc, which both specialize in data storage optimization, have joined forces in an OEM relationship to provide Permabit’s Albiero technology embedded in Blue Arc’s upcoming solutions. Here are some early details.
- Albireo will provide deduplication technology, which pair with BlueArc’s storage systems.
- Albireo can scale to multiple petabytes of storage capacity, which helps BlueArc meet requirements of large customers.
- Albireo operates entirely outside the read path, meaning that there is zero performance impact on data reads and for BlueArc’s that means a zero impact on write.
- Albireo doesn’t touch the data, letting BlueArc storage systems to maintain of data integrity.
- Albireo and BlueArc storage storage solution are VMware optimized and will allow VMware customers to increase performance and potentially save on cost.
Albireo was designed for hardware and software storage OEMs who need more of a “competitive position” while also watching out for the price tag. Read the press details here for the nitty gritty on the technology and supporting quotes.
Need a bit more background on BlueArc? Channel Chief Cameron van Orman sat down with The VAR Guy for this FastChat video overview in July 2009. Take a look: