enStratus Adds Support for IBM SmartCloud Enterprise
IBM SmartCloud Enterprise customers not have another add-on offering to increase their security, governance, automation and integration. That's thanks to enStratus, which announced it has added support for SmartCloud Enterprise to its list of supported clouds
IBM (NYSE: IBM) SmartCloud Enterprise customers not have another add-on offering to increase their security, governance, automation and integration. That’s thanks to enStratus, which announced it has added support for SmartCloud Enterprise to its list of supported clouds.
The list of enStratus’ supported clouds is growing considerably and currently most of the big names, including Amazon Web Services (NASDAQ: AMZN), Dell‘s (NASDAQ: DELL) OpenStack-based clouds, Google (NASDAQ: GOOG), HP Cloud Services (NYSE: HPQ), Rackspace (NYSE: RAX), Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) Windows Azure and … well, you get the idea.
In supporting IBM SmartCloud Enterprise, enStratus aims to bring its technologies to IBM’s customers to extend new capabilities, including:
- Increased security by ensuring key management, encryption and role-based access controls are in place.
- Governance for tracking and controlling spending, as well as making sure log/monitor activity meets compliance requirements.
- Automation of cloud applications and infrastructure to meet demand and match service level requirements.
- Integration with management tools and the orchestration of configuration management tools such as Chef and Puppet across clouds.
- Multi-cloud management to give customers the ability to manage not only IBM SmartCloud Enterprise but also multiple other public and private cloud services through a unified interface.
“IBM is one of the enterprise’s most trusted IT partners. enStratus support for IBM SmartCloud Enterprise enables enterprises to leverage IBM’s cloud services as part of a comprehensive hybrid cloud strategy,” said James Urquhart, vice president of Product Strategy at enStratus, in a prepared statement. “enStratus’ focus on enterprise-class cloud management complements IBM’s vision of enterprise-class cloud services.”
Last year, enStratus expanded its footprint in the market with partnerships with both Joyent and Dell.