Seven Managed Services Blogs MSPmentor Didn’t Write: March 25
Greetings from my second home — better known as the JetBlue terminal at JFK International Airport in New York. My inbox is filled with tips and chatter, including some managed services news that the MSPmentor team didn’t have a chance to write for the week ending March 25. Take a look at these seven MSP news-related items worth noting…
7. See You (All) There?: I’m hoping to catch up with HTG Peer Group‘s Arlin Sorensen at the HP Americas Partner Conference this week in Las Vegas. I suspect Axcient CEO Justin Moore also will be on hand at the HP conference. Check our coverage the next few days to find out why.
6. Can’t Crack This Code: Sounds like encryption is a growing trend for managed services providers. Both Intermedia and Spam Soap, respectively, have made encryption-related moves in recent days. We’ll offer a deeper look at both moves really soon.
5. Making Her Move: Watch for a well-known managed services PR and marketing expert to make a career move in the next few days. She’s stepping into the NOC… and more.
4. Money Matters: Voxel, a cloud and managed hosting upstart, has raised $5.5 million in Series A funding led by Seaport Capital. Voxel’s specialty is on-demand managed hosting infrastructure services across its own global IP network and content delivery network. The 12-year-old company has 1,000 customers, TechCrunch notes.
3. Plugging In PSA?: Is Synnex, the big distributor, looking for a PSA partner to plug into its managed services strategy? Perhaps the answer will emerge at the Synnex Varnex conference (April 10-12, Boston).
2. Hitting the Road: N-able, the MSP software provider, has launched a European and U.K. Road Show hosted by President and COO JP Jauvin and Vice President Mike Cullen. Jauvin has steadily raised his profile at N-able ever since being named president in November 2010.
1. Fit for Managed Print?: Also at the HP Americas Partner Conference, I will be sitting down with Channel Chief Stephen DiFranco. Sure, cloud computing and WebOS are the “sexy” topics for the show. But I’ll also ask DiFranco for an update on HP’s managed services channel strategy, including his views on managed print opportunities.
Sign up for MSPmentor’s Weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Follow us via RSS, Facebook, Identi.ca and Twitter. Check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com. Read our editorial disclosure here.