Seven Managed Services Blogs MSPmentor Didn’t Write: March 11
We’re coming down the home stretch. The MSPmentor team is nearly done blogging for this week — though we’ll be back online if we spot any big, breaking news. In the meantime, here are seven managed services blogs the MSPmentor team didn’t have time to write for the week ending March 11, 2011.
7. Mall Rat: Contributing Associate Blogger David Courbanou is missing in action at the moment. Or is he? Visit the local Apple Store and chances are you’ll find Courbanou waiting on line to pick up a new iPad 2.
6. Conference Chatter: Keep your eyes and ears open for plenty of news at the Channel Partners Conference and Expo (March 13-15, Las Vegas), and the Intermedia Partner Summit (March 15, New York). Both events should generate plenty of discussion about hosted PBXes and the convergence of telecom with the traditional IT channel.
5. Hitched: Reflexion Networks, which develops hosted email security services, has announced integration with ConnectWise software. Meanwhile, it’s safe to expect plenty of MSP and cloud software integration news at the Autotask Community Live conference in May. In case you missed it here’s a preview.
4. First Mover Advantage: Who are the top VARs and MSPs working in the cloud? Participate in the Talkin’ Cloud 50 survey, which closes March 31, and you could potentially generate lots of free publicity for your company. And you’ll also help MSPmentor and TalkinCloud to track new cloud trends in the channel.
3. Managed Database Services: We’re familiar with a few N-able partners that offered managed database services for Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL. Now, Ingres wants to promote similar managed services opportunities to its channel partners. The effort involves SkySafe, a managed service that allows developers to maintain databases across public and private clouds.
2. What Was On the Menu?: A major MSP software company. A major major hardware company. A breakfast meeting in a San Jose hotel. Merger? Acquisition? Investment? I’m not sure yet. But MSPmentor is digging for details.
1. Double Dipping: As MSPmentor reported last week, about 100 Cisco certified managed services providers will instantly qualify for the new Cisco Cloud Partner Program. One confirmed example involves Logicalis, a Cisco Master Managed Services partner that has earned the Cisco Powered Private Cloud designation.
Sign up for MSPmentor’s Weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Follow us via RSS, Facebook, Identi.ca and Twitter. Check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com. Read our editorial disclosure here.