How Carbonite Server Advanced Solutions Meet Your Clients’ Backup Needs
The newest members of Carbonite’s family of server backup solutions–Carbonite Server Advanced and Carbonite Server Advanced Pro Bundle–offer the tools your small and midsize business (SMB) clients need to quickly recover from data loss incidents and all types of disasters.
The new Carbonite Server Advanced solutions come with powerful image backup capabilities that protect a server’s operating system, settings, applications and files. They also enable bare-metal restore (BMR), even to dissimilar hardware. At the same time, granular database backup ensures operational databases such as SQL and Exchange have their own backup schedules, retention policies and customization settings to optimize the restore process.
Here’s a quick look at some of the most important needs an SMB has when it comes to disaster recovery, as well as a look at how the new Carbonite Server Advanced solutions address those needs:
SMBs need to recover data as quickly as possible following a disaster:
Carbonite Server Advanced and Carbonite Server Advanced Pro Bundle use both image and granular backups to protect all your clients’ physical and virtual servers. And with BMR, your clients can get their businesses back up and running in minutes, not days.
- Image backup protects the server’s operating system, settings, files and applications to enable bare- metal recovery.
- Carbonite Server Advanced offers rapid recovery of single files or full system data.
- Service providers can restore their clients’ data to dissimilar hardware with no operating system or other software installation required.
- Hybrid backup allows you to combine the speed of local backup with ultimate protection that comes from having a copy of the data stored off-premises in the cloud.
SMBs need a budget-friendly solution that doesn’t skimp on security:
The new Carbonite Server Advanced solutions provide powerful backup and disaster recovery for unlimited servers at one low price. There is no per server or per application licensing. Carbonite uses advanced encryption both at rest and in flight to protect your clients’ data from malicious threats. Some of our security features include:
- 256-bit private key encryption option
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and TLS transport security
- Minimum 128-bit encryption by default
- Support for FERPA, GLBA and HIPAA compliance
- Carbonite is certified compliant with SOC 2 (SAS 70) standards
SMBs need control over what they back up and where:
Carbonite Server Advanced solutions combine the comprehensive protection of image backups and the granular flexibility of database specific backups. In doing so your customer gets the following benefits:
- Faster bare-metal restore: By separating out large Exchange, SQL or SharePoint databases into their own specific backup sets, Carbonite can more quickly get the server back up and running from bare metal.
- Granular database recovery: Customers can choose to restore their databases without having to restore an entire system image, which is helpful in normal restore scenarios.
- Optimized recovery point objectives (RPOs): Backup schedules (and retention) can be tailored for both the image and the specific databases to ensure optimal recovery point objectives.
- Support for mailbox-level backup of Exchange Online data hosted in Office 365.
- Backup support for Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments.
SMBs need backup that doesn’t disrupt other workflows:
Carbonite Server Advanced solutions are designed to work quietly and automatically in the background, without you or your clients having to worry about them. Other benefits include:
- Solution providers can easily customize when backups occur based on their clients’ needs.
- Solution providers can leverage a combination of full and incremental backups to save bandwidth.
Learn more about Carbonite’s family of server backup solutions.
Not a Carbonite Partner? Get to know the benefits of partnering with Carbonite and apply to become a Carbonite Partner today.
John Durant is Director of Channel Sales at Carbonite, a provider of powerful yet simple cloud and hybrid backup solutions for small-to-midsize businesses. Guest blogs such as this one are published monthly and are part of The VAR Guy's annual platinum sponsor