10 (New) Reasons to Evaluate Digital Workspace Technology
You’re hearing the term “digital transformation” a lot today, and for good reason: In today’s dynamic business environment, companies must leverage digital technology as much as possible–in as strategic a way as possible–in order to compete. This is especially true when it comes to employees. Companies must enable workers to get access to what they need when they need it—using any device in a secure manner.
There is no shortage of vendors saying they can “enable digital transformation” for your clients. It’s up to service providers and partners to determine which vendors are enabling true digital transformation through mobile technology and which are providing simple remote access capabilities.
Gartner has named VMware a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Suites for the seventh consecutive year. In just the last year, VMware has added several features that differentiate its VMware AirWatch and Workspace ONE products in the industry and will provide value to your customers. Here are some examples:
- AirWatch Unified Endpoint Management provides a holistic and user-centric approach to managing all endpoints in an organization–from mobile and desktop to IoT.
- VMware has added a “wearable” component to the platform, enabling customers to manage smart glasses alongside desktop and mobile endpoints.
- AirWatch is offered as a managed service hosted by VMware and delivered through communications service providers (CSPs) worldwide.
- AirWatch expands Unified Endpoint Management for mobile, desktops, and ruggedized and IoT devices, with cross-platform support, including Windows 10.
- Collaboration with Oracle enables advanced security features and streamlined management of Oracle mobile enterprise applications.
- Integration between VMware AirWatch and Dell Client Command Suite extends remote management capabilities for key Dell hardware system attributes to enhance AirWatch Unified Endpoint Management.
- An expanded partnership with Google accelerates the adoption of Chromebook devices by enhancing existing application accessibility of the devices using Workspace ONE to enable one-click secure authentication and management of applications–cloud, web and virtual.
- VMware Pulse IoT Center provides secure, enterprise-grade IoT infrastructure management solution that leverages AirWatch technology.
- Application performance and user experience has been improved through actionable application insights.
- Not only is this the seventh consecutive year VMware has been named a Leader in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management, but it has also placed highest in ability to execute for the fifth year in a row and the furthest in completeness of vision for the second year in a row. This is the second time in the history of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for EMM that AirWatch has placed highest on both axes. These are not features per se, but they demonstrate VMware’s proven history in this space. Combined with the company’s huge footprint in companies of all sizes and in all industries, providers and partners can be sure that VMware will offer economies of scale and integration opportunities for their clients that other vendors just can’t match.
This guest blog is part of a Channel Futures sponsorship.