The Utility Company, launched in 2006 by former N-able CEO Mark Scott (pictured), has landed in Entrepreneur magazine's Franchise 500 edition. The news solidifies The Utility Company's strategy to build a network of managed services franchises across North America.
According to Entrepreneur, The Utility Company:
- grew to 42 franchises in 2008, up from 18 in 2007 and four in 2006
- The typical franchise territory has 2,500 small and mid-size businesses
- Signing up with The Utility Company requires a $30,000 (US) franchise fee, and a total investment of about $36,000 to $62,000
- Overall, The Utility Company was ranked No. 443 within the Entrepreneur Franchise 500 edition
- 2009: The Year of the Managed Services Franchise? (December 1, 2008)
- Managed Services Franchises Explained (December 10, 2008)