Dozens of MSPs and IT service providers rank among the fastest-growing privately held businesses in the United States. Skeptical? Check out the latest Inc. 5000 list, which includes many MSPmentor 100 and Talkin' Cloud 100 members. Once you comb the list you'll realize: Regardless of the economy and thin hardware margins, plenty of MSPs, CSPs and VARs continue to innovate their way to growth and profits.
Indeed, the Inc. 5000 includes familiar managed services providers and technology companies like:
- ARRC Technology -- ranked 4514 and sister company to CharTec, the HaaS specialist backed by ConnectWise Capital.
- Alvarez Technology Group -- ranked 4051 and well-known for its network and VoIP services.
- Axcient -- ranked 129, the company has combined on-premises appliances with its own disaster recovery cloud. And MSPs are signing on.
- ConnectWise -- the business management software provider, ranked 2680. The company had total revenue of $39 million in 2011, but I don't know if that includes such ConnectWise Capital investments as LabTech Software, CharTec and Quosal.
- Cloud Creek Systems -- ranked 2909, a major Oracle consulting firm that The VAR Guy, our sister site, has profiled.
- Claris Networks, ranked 2368 and a first-mover into the cloud services market.
- Datto, the backup and disaster recovery (BDR) partner to MSPs, ranked all the way up at number 38.
- Five Nines Technology Group -- ranked 1676. An active HTG Peer Group member. Ironically, Five Nines CEO Nick Bock spoke earlier today on one of our webcasts.
- outsourceIT -- a fast-growth MSP that recently merged with a CSP, with more M&A coming. Ranked 773
- Intronis -- the online backup and cloud storage provider, ranked 2185. Focused entirely on MSPs and channel partners, Intronis recently raised more money -- including funding from CEO Kent Plunkett.
- SoftLayer -- the cloud services provider and Talkin' Cloud 100 member. Ranked 661 on the Inc. 5000.
- TekLinks -- which recently received private equity (I believe), ranked 2613
- The Launch Pad -- A combination MSP and CSP, ranked 1635.
- Waypoint Solutions Group -- a well-known MSP in Charlotte, N.C.., that has been pursuing M&A deals. Ranked 1787.
- Whom Did I Miss -- I apologize if you're a loyal MSPmentor reader and I failed to mention your Inc. 5000 honor. Post a comment or email me. I'll be sure to follow-up.
Participate, Learn... And Attract BiddersBottom line: Yes, it's a difficult economy and some managed services are now commodities. Instead of complaining about those market realities, the best MSPs are pulling away from the pack by continually introducing new services. The Inc. 5000 list proves it. And our own MSPmentor 100 and Talkin' Cloud 100 lists offer a more refined look at many of those market winners.
Emulate them. Or die trying. Just don't stand still.
Side note: Want to get acquired? Need funding? Start participating in the Inc. 5000, MSPmentor 100, Talkin' Cloud 100 and other market surveys. Get in the spotlight and financial companies will find you faster. Most M&A specialists, such as All Covered, mindSHIFT and The Utility Company (TUC Capital) comb those lists to find acquisition and investment targets.
Trust me on that one...