Add LEÓN, MAYER & Co. to the list of financial advisors helping managed services providers (MSPs) with merger and acquisition activity. Indeed, Leon Mayer was a financial advisor to Compuquip Technologies, assisting an MSP business sale to All Covered. Here's the background.
Leon Mayer is backed by private equity and investment banking professionals who have managed over $100 billion in M&A, debt equity and financing deals. The company is particularly strong in the enterprise service provider and telco space, where Leon Mayer has managed deals for AT&T Broadband, Comcast and One Communications.
In addition to advising US-based clients, Leon Mayer says it has "significant relationships" in Latin America and Europe, regularly advising companies and investors on matters in those regions.
The MSP industry, meanwhile, has attracted a growing list of M&A advisors. Companies we're previously mentioned include:
- 4-Profit, which consults on some larger VAR and IT solution provider deals.
- Cogent Growth Partners is a familiar name, assisting many buy-side MSPs with acquisitions and longer-term integration efforts.
- Foros, a financial services firm, advised on Presidio’s buyout of BlueWater Communications Group (a top Cisco channel partner) earlier this year.
- Law Office of Bradley Gross (he's set to speak at IT Nation this November).
- Martin Wolf Securities has focused mainly on VAR and IT solution provider deals.
- Service Leadership Inc., led by Paul Dippell, helps MSPs to maximize their valuations — sometimes in preparation for M&A deals.
- TUC Capital, a division of The Utility Company (TUC Brands) that funds MSP buyouts.
- Weaver & Associates is a boutique M&A advisor, led by MSPAlliance Founder Charles Weaver.