Telephone and Data Systems Inc., a subsidiary of TDS Hosted and Managed Services (TDS HMS), has acquired OneNeck IT Services from WestView Capital Partners. The move surfaces roughly one month after TDS HMS hired Nimsoft veteran Phil LaForge to help drive the company's merger and acquisition strategy, though we don't know if LaForge was involved in this particular deal.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. According to nuggets of info from a prepared statement:
- OneNeck is a Scottsdale, Ariz.-based application management and managed IT service provider founded in 1997. The company provides a suite of outsourcing solutions to help mid-market businesses improve and leverage their enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, including disaster recovery, network management, security administration, and end-user support on a 24/7 basis.
- OneNeck's managed hosting services include management and monitoring of client IT infrastructure, both client-owned and OneNeck provided.
- OneNeck has operations centers in Tempe and Gilbert, Ariz., and customer engagements in Somerset, N.J., Dallas, Texas, and Kansas City, Mo.
- OneNeck is home to 230 employees who hold more than 300 technical certifications across 32 vendors.
- TDS HMS also added VISI Inc. in March 2010 and TEAM Technologies, LLC in Dec. 2010 to its portfolio of operations.
Before joining TDS HMS, LaForge helped Nimsoft to target the MSP mid-market, and he played a key role in building CDW's managed services business.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.