Say hello to the seventh managed services acquisition in 2011. This one involves two New Jersey managed services providers getting hitched. Specifically, Ancero LLC has acquired Integrated Network Consulting Inc. I've got seven questions about the deal. Plus, a broader update on MSP M&A activity.
Let's start with the official news: Ancero claims to be one of the industry's "fastest growing providers of managed services, hosted services, professional services and utility VoIP solutions." Ancero is based in Mt. Laurel, N.J. Meanwhile, INC is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. The business combination, according to a prepared Ancero statement, will give customers a broader range of IT options -- including VoIP phone systems, hosted/cloud-based solutions, managed services, online backups, plus 24x7 help desk and network operation center support. The addition of INC's engineering team takes Ancero to over 50 full-time employees, Ancero indicated.
Behind the DealI've got some additional questions about the deal, which I've emailed to Ancero's communications department. My questions:
- How long had Ancero and INC been in discussions about the potential acquisition?
- Was INC profitable before the deal?
- Has Ancero disclosed a purchase price or valuation on the deal?
- Has Ancero made any acquisitions previously?
- Have Ancero and INC previously worked on any business engagements together?
- Will INC's management team join Ancero?
- Will all INC employees be retained post acquisition?
Seven Deals In 13 DaysAncero's buyout of INC is the seventh MSP-related merger or acquisition MSPmentor has spotted so far in 2011. The other deals include:
- Netgain acquiring DLP Technologies
- Microholdings US acquiring ConnectIT Networks Inc.
- Konica Minolta acquiring All Covered, a national MSP that plans continued acquisitions
- mindSHIFT acquiring Alpheon, the health care-focused MSP
- Printelligent acquiring DirectPointe’s managed print services business
- Fully Managed acquiring HIT Business Solutions as part of a Canadian expansion plan
Sign up for MSPmentor’s Weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Follow us via RSS, Facebook, Identi.ca and Twitter. Check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com. Read our editorial disclosure here.