Carousel Industries, a managed services provider in Rhode Island, has acquired Juma Technology Corp.'s IT consulting business. The move will help Carousel to sharpen its focus on managed unified communications services -- particularly in the New York market, according to both companies. This is the 17th MSP-related merger or acquisition MSPmentor has spotted so far in 2011; the third M&A deal in recent days; and Carousel's third acquisition of 2011. Here are the details.
Financial terms of the Carousel-Juma deal were not disclosed. But a press release seems to indicate that Carousel gains more Avaya consulting expertise while Juma is getting out of the consulting industry and focusing more on its own intellectual property development. According to a prepared statement, Juma will "continue to serve as the holding company of Nectar Services, and will reinvest the proceeds of the sale of the managed services business into the Nectar real time IP communications events management platform."
Growth Mode: Organic or M&A?Meanwhile, Carousel says it has more than 850 employees in 23 U.S. locations, including 250 service technicians. Since Carousel was founded in 1992 the company has grown roughly 40 percent annually, with 2010 revenues in the $200 million neighborhood, according to the company's website.
On the acquisition front, Carousel says it has acquired six companies in the past two years. In 2011, the company completed the buyout of TAC Centre and signed a letter of intent to buy OmniPresence. Last year, the company purchased LANForce Consulting Group, some TriNET Systems assets, and BranTel Networks, Carousel said.
MSPmentor has reached out to Carousel with the following follow-up questions:
- How many employees did the Juma consulting business have?
- Will Carousel retain all of those employees?
- How are you funding your acquisitions? Debt? Cash? Some other way?
- Are more acquisitions planned?
Recent MPS Mergers and AcquisitionsMeanwhile, the list of MSP-related mergers and acquisitions in 2011 continues to grow rapidly. Recent deals MSPmentor has spotted include:
- Trivalent Group acquired Innovative Software Strategies
- eCommerce Industries acquired FMAudit for managed print services expertise
- Peak Uptime acquired eMonarch
- mindSHIFT acquired ORBIT
- Carousel acquired OmniPresence (apparently the deal has yet to officially close though)
- Fraser Advanced Information Systems purchased PennLantic Corp.
- Ancero acquired Integrated Network Consulting Inc.
- Netgain acquired DLP Technologies
- Microholdings US acquired ConnectIT Networks Inc.
- Konica Minolta acquired All Covered, a national MSP that plans continued acquisitions
- Printelligent acquired DirectPointe’s managed print services business
- Fully Managed acquired HIT Business Solutions as part of a Canadian expansion plan
- mindSHIFT acquired Alpheon
- MBCSolutions merged with Britec Computer Systems.
- VODA Computer Systems Ltd. and Graycon Group Ltd. merging to serve six locations in Western Canada
- White Glove Technologies acquired Primus Networks
Sign up for MSPmentor’s Weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Follow us via RSS, Facebook and Twitter. Check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com. Read our editorial disclosure here.