Virtualization management provider HotLink Corp. recently added Amazon EC2 plug-in support for Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) to the latest release of HotLink Hybrid Express, the company's hybrid cloud management software. Managed services providers (MSPs) now have the ability to deploy, administer and manage hybrid on- and off-premise resources using existing virtualization management infrastructure through the solution. Here are the details.
First, let's review how the company's solution works. HotLink Hybrid Express natively extends on-premise virtualization management infrastructure to public cloud resources. The product transforms metadata from public cloud platforms for on-premise management, treating them like on-premise hosts and virtual machines. HotLink Hybrid Express fully integrates data into a unified system: Separate management consoles are not needed.
According to the company, the following new features are included in the most recent version of HotLink Hybrid Express:
- management of Amazon EC2 resources natively inside SCVMM or vCenter -- A single point of administration and management is enabled for all on-premise and off-premise computing resources;
- ability to migrate workloads -- Amazon EC2 instances are provisioned as existing on-premise virtual machines;
- ability to create, use, and manage hybrid snapshots -- Administrators can create or revert to snapshots either on- or off-premise;
- automation of workload conversion -- Integrated conversion and migration of both Windows and Linux workloads to and from Amazon EC2 eliminates the need to use off-line tools;
- use of existing templates in hybrid environment -- Amazon EC2 workloads can be provisioned from existing on-premise templates without rebuilding;
- standardization of policies across on and off-premise -- IT can apply policies uniformly in a hybrid environment using existing management infrastructure and techniques; and
- application of automation across hybrid resources -- A single point of integration via existing management infrastructure enables streamlined automation across hybrid resources.
HotLink Hybrid Express is now available in a free edition for both Microsoft SCVMM and VMware vCenter environments. The free edition is full-featured and supports ten Amazon EC2 instances. The standard edition starts at $26,700.
The company's headquarters is in Santa Clara, Calif. It has more than 25 employees.