When the HostingCon 2010 conference kicks off July 19 in Austin, Texas, we expect to see a convergence of managed services providers (MSPs) and hosting providers. And yes, plenty of news will surface HostingCon as well. One prime example: BackupAgent is set to launch new release of their flagship product, including integration with Kaseya. Here are the details.
The new BackupAgent V4 will offer MSPs:
- Policy-driven retention, meaning backup accounts will maintain a more even level of storage and faster restore over a long period.
- A redesigned management console to allow better account monitoring and faster backups.
- Extended folder filter functionality, intended to eliminate backup of temporary or unnecessary data.
- The BackupAgent Client will offer Kaseya integration by way of enhanced logging in the Microsoft Windows Event Viewer.
- Hungarian and Danish language support.
Meanwhile, we'll be tracking additional MSP-centric news at HostingCon. Editorial Director Joe Panettieri is set to attend the event, and we expect to hear chatter from Alert Logic, CloudLinux, Commtouch, Rackspace, The Planet and Verio, among other companies.
Additional reporting by Joe Panettieri. Sign up for MSPmentor’s weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. And follow us via RSS, Facebook, Identi.ca; and Twitter. Plus, check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com.