Windows Azure and Windows Server 2012: One Dashboard for All
Microsoft is introducing a single management dashboard for Windows Server 2012 and Windows Azure, allowing customers and partners to deploy virtual machines on-premises or in the cloud via a single pane of glass. Microsoft will also attack VMware as part of the Windows Server 2012 launch in September 2012. The news surfaced at Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2012 (WPC12) today. Satya Nadella, president, Server and Tools Business, is leading the discussion.
Among the highlights so far:
- Microsoft is showing a user interface that allows partners or customers to deploy virtual machines on-premise or in the cloud. You get the ability to manage everything from a single interface, Microsoft claimed.
- Total I/Os per second for Windows Server 2012 will be three times that of VMware, Microsoft claims.
- Windows Server 2012 will be available in September 2012.
- The company has had more than 500,000 downloads of the release candidate.
- Bing is already powered by Windows Server 2012.
The single dashboard should be of high interest to cloud integrators that are trying to connect the dots between multiple public cloud and private cloud systems. More insights soon from WPC12.