Unveiled: The Top 50 Cloud VARs
The VAR Guy’s sister site, Talkin’ Cloud, officially unveiled the Talkin’ Cloud 50 report today. The report tracks the top 50 VARs, MSPs and channel partners working in cloud computing. This isn’t a popularity contest, folks. The Talkin’ Cloud 50 is based on real revenue and business metrics. Here’s the background.
Generally speaking, the Talkin’ Cloud 50 focuses on revenues from the cloud — areas such as SaaS, IaaS, PaaS. The revenues can come from private cloud projects, but more often (generally speaking) they involve public cloud recurring revenues from hosted email, online backup and SaaS-centric services.
In some cases we’re seeing a new breed of IT service provider emerge on the Talkin’ Cloud 50. For instance, a company like Excel Micro is a cloud distributor for Google’s security services.
Ongoing Research and Market Coverage
Here’s a look at our overall research portfolio and branded efforts…
- The Channel Finance 25: Developed by The VAR Guy, the Channel Finance 25 helps VARs and MSPs to find financing, lending and leasing programs. Survey runs each October through December, with results each March.
- Top 100 Channel Partner Events: Tracked by The VAR Guy, here’s the ultimate list of partner conferences, channel gatherings and more. Ongoing and updated regularly.
- Talkin’ Cloud 50: Identifying the top MSPs and VARs in cloud computing. Also highlights top cloud aggregators, cloud brokers and cloud services providers. Survey runs each January through March, with results published annually each Q2.
- Talkin’ Cloud 200: Identifying the most influential channel leaders in cloud computing. Ongoing and updated each Friday.
- Talkin’ Cloud Stock Index: Tracking 20 publicly held cloud companies, and offering readers a cloud reality check. Updated each Friday.
- MSPmentor 250: Tracking the top 250 managed services experts, entrepreneurs, executives and more (runs April through June, with results each August)
- MSPmentor 100: The top 100 managed services providers, including break-out lists for North America, Europe, Australia and more (runs October through December, with results each February).
That’s all for now. The VAR Guy has too many rumors to chase and too few hours in the day. Back with more insights soon.