Trend Micro Focuses New Cloud Partner Program on Middle East
We’ve given a lot of press to successful, profitable partnerships, but not every partnership will be the best. An uncertain economy combined with slow technology adoption in some parts of the world can result in a tough climate for channel partners. And that’s what Trend Micro, the international cloud security provider, is trying to do with its new partner program targeted at increasing profits for some of its low-performing partners.
Trend Micro’s new channel program focuses on increasing profits within its channel community in the Middle East. The theory is that some of these partners are relying too heavily on repeat business instead of actively pursuing new clients and opportunities. To that end, Trend Micro’s channel program offers:
- Deal Registration: Partners will be given financial incentives for working with Trend Micro on developing new business.
- Specialization Programs: Partners will be eligible for more training and certification so they can develop several market specialties such as Cloud and Data Center Security, End Point and Mobility, Data Protection and SMB.
- Upfront discounts and rebates for channel partners who outperform their goals.
- On-Demand virtual marketing campaigns for partners to enhance their sales training and support.
- An updated Partner Portal with more sales, marketing and training tools.
“Our channel ecosystem plays a crucial role in making our products and solutions widely available and our new channel initiatives are designed to empower and make them profitable,” said Trend Micro MMEA Channel Development Manager Sushma Kajaria in a prepared statement. “If our partners work with us to develop profitable, sustainable business, we will reward [their efforts] with training, certification, specialization, business planning, and marketing tools, as well as very competitive margins. We give our partners the only Programme (sic) in the industry that goes beyond traditional anti-virus business and plugs them straight into the rapidly expanding cloud security and virtualization markets. Under-performance (sic) is no longer an option.”
The new Trend Micro channel partner program comes at an interesting time. The company recently said it’s achieving its highest growth ever vs. its competitors in the Internet security field. Clearly, Trend Micro believes it can do better. But if you’ve been following the company (and Talkin’ Cloud) you know Trend Micro expanded its cloud threat management portfolio in June, 2011. This may be a way to get those added solutions to a wider audience.