Top VARs, MSPs Now Have 1000+ Customer Seats in the Cloud
Renee Bergeron, VP of managed services and cloud services at Ingram Micro, is describing how resellers, VARs and MSPs will become cloud service brokers. A key stat: Top VARs and MSPs now have more than 1,000 user seats in the cloud, according to an Ingram Micro Cloud survey. At least 20 percent of the cloud services market will go through brokers, Bergeron said, quoting Gartner. The details are emerging now at Ingram Micro VTN conference in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Here are the data points…
NOTE: Stay tuned to this Live Blog for continued updates every few minutes.
According to a survey of 1000 channel partners, Ingram Micro found the following info:
1. How many cloud solutions do you offer today:
- 15% offer 1
- 61% offer 2 to 4
- 24% offer 5+
2. In total how many end-user seats do you have in the cloud
- 26.3% have 1-25
- 23.8% have 26 to 99
- 31% have 100 to 499
- 9.2% 500 to 999
- 10.9% have 1000+ seats
Translation: The top 10 percent of channel partners now have 1,000 users hosted in the cloud.
3. What percentage of cloud customers are from existing vs. new customer base:
- 74 percent existing
- 26 percent new
4. Top selling solutions in the Ingram Micro Cloud
- McAfee web and email security
- Intermedia hosted Exchange
- VaultLogix on backup an recovery
- Citrix CSP solutions
- VMware VSPP
- Fastest growing solution = remote infrastructure management
5. Ingram Micro VTN Members in the Cloud
- 115 VTN members, or one-third of VTN members
- 16% of Ingram Micro Cloud bookings are VTN members, which is ahead of the curve.
- Ingram Micro Cloud Bookings double year over year. Impressive. But VTN bookings grew only 28 percent, while SMB Alliance bookings are up 136 percent. Ingram is analyzing the stats to see why VTN folks have been a little slower to grow their bookings in the past year.
That’s it for now.