Tech Data Now Offering VARs IBM Cloud Services, Hardware
The headline says it all: Distributor Tech Data is reinforcing its burgeoning TDCloud offering for resellers with the addition of IBM Cloud software, services and hardware. The goal, Tech Data said, is helping resellers transition their business to the cloud.
With this announcement, Tech Data adds the following IBM cloud offerings, as per the official press release (with links courtesy of yours truly):
- IBM Smart Business Cloud – Enterprise: provides users with quick access to a security-rich, enterprise-class virtual server environment on the IBM Cloud
- Smart Business Desktop on the IBM Cloud: provides security-rich access to information, simplifies IT complexity while reducing energy consumption
- IBM Information Protection Services – Managed Backup Cloud: offers a comprehensive range of on-site, off-site and hybrid information protection solutions for clients looking to achieve information resiliency and operational recovery across enterprise data assets
- IBM Managed Security Services: protects information assets, including hosted e-mail and Web security, vulnerability management and security event and log management services
- Tivoli Live Monitoring Services: provides proactive monitoring, alerts, performance and capacity reporting
Tech Data also has added the IBM LotusLive cloud collaboration suite, IBM Workload Deployer cloud service template tool (and attendant service catalog) and WebSphere Cast Iron cloud integration solution to its channel-ready cloud stable.
Jack Santoni, director of North American Cloud Sales at IBM, had this to say about this distribution agreement with Tech Data in a prepared statement:
“IBM’s Cloud differentiation focuses on customer choice. We offer private offerings in which cloud benefits can be gained through evolutionary steps, or in a single step through our public SmartCloud services. Underpinning this choice is a consistent architecture which enables our channel partners the ability to deliver solutions based on the service and amount of control clients require. Tech Data is well-positioned to find the right partners that IBM is looking for to offer these robust services and has the right people and processes in place to successfully drive these initiatives in the channel.”
Tech Data, along with competitor Ingram Micro, has been building a lot of buzz around the traditional distributor’s place in the cloud service provider market. TalkinCloud will keep watching for updates, so stay tuned.