Microsoft WPC: Mimecast Launches U.S. Partner Program
Mimecast is bridging the gap between its cloud-based services for Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) Exchange and Office 365 and the channel with the launch of a North American partner program at Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2012 (WPC12) in Toronto.
Despite the introduction of partner program, Mimecast, which provides cloud-based e-mail archiving, security and continuity for Microsoft Exchange and Office 365, has been working with channel partners in the United States since 2007. The new partner program is an extension of a program it launched in the United Kingdom and has since deemed successful enough to move into other geographic markets.
If Mimecast’s claim of a 97 percent renewal rate is accurate, then channel partners may have a good opportunity with the company. According to Mimecast, the new program offers partners the ability to generate recurring revenue streams and drive high-margin business opportunities. The cloud-based SaaS security provider also has big plans to boost its channel revenue in the United States. Over the next two years, Mimecast hopes to accelerate its U.S. revenue growth by 50 percent.
Sean Broderick, Mimecast’s vice president of channel in North America, said the company has seen significant channel growth in the United States, and it’s looking to continue that growth.
“Our cloud-based solutions, when paired with these additional resources, give our partners the ability to continually drive their particular industries and while opening up additional revenue opportunities, growing their customer base and ultimately, strengthening their business,” Broderick said in a prepared statement.
The program provides partners with access to Mimecast’s unified e-mail management portfolio, which Mimecast backs with a 100 percent service availability SLA, in addition to key benefits as features of its partner program, including:
- Partner revenue security to help partners grow high-margin opportunities that have been approved through Mimecast’s deal registration program.
- Dedicated marketing support, consulting and marketing development funds to aid partners entering new markets and helping them to better engage their customer base and build awareness.
- Training content available through live training, online or self-driven opportunities.
- Sales and technical resources.
- Partner portal offering on-demand support, training and tools, including deal registration. The portal was also designed to help partners manage their pipeline, connect with customers and leverage Mimecast resources to build marketing campaigns.
- Four-tiered structure of Authorized, Business, Certified and Alliance partner levels. Partners are compensated based on the tier they’re in and their level of alignment with Mimecast.