Kaseya Launches Cloud-Based Management Tools in Free and License Versions
IT systems management platform provider Kaseya is extending beyond its existing on-premise solutions portfolio through a new set of software-as-a-service (SaaS) IT tools. The tools will be offered in both free and subscription license versions. These five new tools are in addition to the company’s SaaS bundle, Kaseya Essentials. Here’s the scoop.
Kaseya is offering the free tools available starting today and the company says that those who start out with the free versions will have easy access to upgrades. In addition, Kaseya said that a fee-based service is available that offers a much larger feature-set and 24×7 support.
Here are the details, straight from the company, on the five free tools released today:
- File Share Audit. Determines and reports on what file shares have been created on up to 1,000 computers, including the accessibility of those files.
- User Audit. Determines and reports on what user accounts are configured on up to 1,000 computers, including access privileges and guest accounts.
- Software Audit. Provides a complete inventory of installed applications for up to 1,000 computers through comprehensive reports, views and lists.
- Security Audit. Determines and reports on endpoint security settings for up to 1,000 computers, including AV engine(s) installed, active status and date of last update.
- Windows Patch Status. Determines and reports on endpoint patch status on up to 1,000 computers, including Windows update settings and patch status information.
In addition, the company says that the Kaseya Essentials re-introduction today reconfigures the bundle “to add more value to businesses of all sizes.” A free trial is available here.