Ipswitch AlertFox EUM Monitors SaaS Applications
Three months after it completed its acquisition of iOpus Software, Ipswitch has released the first expansion of the AlertFox product family to be developed under Ipswitch’s Network Management Division. The new AlertFox End User Monitor (EUM) was designed to monitor externally facing websites, business-critical applications inside the firewall and applications in corporate data centers and in the cloud.
AlertFox EUM provides end-customers with an overall network monitoring solution that can help them monitor software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications to ensure they’re running at peak efficiency, providing an additional item in the IT department’s or trusted adviser’s toolbox.
Sold on an annual subscription basis for $1,188, AlertFox EUM looks to be more of a channel tool for helping to add value to the services they provide customers rather than a way to gain margin from a one-off sale. It’s not much of a stretch to see how partners could use this in a way to provide customers with a remote monitoring and management service for not only on-premise applications, but also those in the cloud, including the likes of Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) and Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) CRM.
According to Ipswitch, AlertFox EUM includes the following benefits:
- The ability to see users see through image capture of the error.
- Immediate discovery of performance problems before they can affect users.
- The ability to quickly zero-in on the root case of a problem to the most granular level.
- Monitoring of complex web 2.0 rich Internet applications with Silverlight, Java Script, Flash and AJAX technologies.
- Increased efficiencies by routing alerts to the right team.
- Insights and reports on the ongoing performance of both internal and external web applications.
Like other monitoring solutions, AlertFox EUM provides users with the ability to set thresholds, access detailed reports into issues such as slowdowns, malware, missing objects, failed logins and timeouts.