Ingram Micro Unveils 8 Cloud, Managed Services Partnerships
At the Ingram Micro Cloud Summit in Phoenix, the distributor unveiled nine new partnerships to assist VARs and MSPs with managed services and cloud services. Here’s a look at each partnership, the solution offered and expected availability.
The lineup, according to an Ingram spokeswoman, includes…
- BMC Software, Inc. – Service Desk RemedyForce, available now.
- Cisco – Cloud Collaboration Solutions and WebEx Meeting Center 25, available end of 2011.
- N-able Technologies – N-central 8.0 RMM platform, N-able’s Security Manager Endpoint and Anti-spam, as well as Audit Manager and Report Manager products, available in Q3.
- Siemens Enterprise Communications – OpenScape Cloud Services including OpenScape Voice, OpenScape UC Application, and OpenScape Web Collaboration, available in Q3.
- SherWeb – Hosted Exchange 2010 for the Canadian marketplace, available in Q3.
- Symantec – SEP.cloud (Symantec Endpoint Protection.cloud), available in Q3.
- Trend Micro – Worry-Free Business Security Solutions, Trend Micro Business Security Advanced and Standard, Trend Micro SecureCloud, Trend Micro Deep Security, available now.
- VMware – VSPP (VMware Service Provider Program), available now.
Renee Bergeron, VP of managed services and cloud computing at Ingram Micro, just introduced each of the partners on stage at the Ingram Micro Cloud Summit. Particularly interesting: I think Cisco was a late addition to the lineup. And WebEx is featured, which is very interesting since some pundits think Cisco may sell off the WebEx business. (For the record I think Cisco will retain and build the WebEx business, especially since it’s core to the company’s collaboration and telepresence efforts.)
Of course… I’ve got the usual questions: How exactly will VARs and MSPs source the partner solutions that Ingram announced today? What are the pricing and margin opportunities for solutions providers? And how do these partners potentially fit into the new Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace, which also launched today?
We”ll pursue the answers throughout the conference.