IndependenceIT Launches Cloud Workspace Suite with RemoteApp
IndependenceIT, an integrated workspace automation software platform provider, recently announced the launch of the latest iteration of Cloud Workspace Suite, the company’s desktop-as-a-service platform, which includes a host of new RemoteApp automation features to help users obtain their enterprise documents from any device.
IndependenceIT, an integrated workspace automation software platform provider, recently announced the launch of the latest iteration of Cloud Workspace Suite, the company’s desktop-as-a-service platform, which includes a host of new Azure RemoteApp automation features to help users obtain their enterprise documents from any device.
Among the new Cloud Workspace Suite features, IndependenceIT said users will have access to universal and fully automated RemoteApp server role deployment and configuration, as well as standard application delivery via RemoteApp and data layer and corporate shared file structure access. Users will also be able to automate their RemoteApp application collection entitlements for the benefit of end users.
In case you aren’t familiar with the solution, Microsoft’s Azure RemoteApp allows users to download cloud-based applications locally on their devices to increase employee mobility when working outside of the office or when away from a user’s desk. IndependenceIT said the new Cloud Workspace Suite will provide enterprise users the ability to piggyback off of existing Remote Desktop Session Host licensing to deliver applications (either separately or in a collection) as well as full application suites based on specific use needs. All of the user entitlement information is handled automatically on the backend, meaning there will be less fussing when it comes to providing users with permission to access applications.
Additionally, the latest version of Cloud Workspace Suite is expected to simplify application publishing via RemoteApp and provide users with one-click application delivery for all business applications, according to the announcement.
“Cloud Workspace Suite provides Windows RemoteApp users with the same look and feel as local applications, but goes much further,” said Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, in a statement. “We have simplified the complexity around app deployment, system compatibility and entitlement controls to fully empower organizations through automation and enhanced workflows.”
Straight from the press release, additional features include:
- Connectivity to the corporate shared drive data and file structures where folder permissions and security can be centrally managed.
- Enhancements to the application programming interface to integrate workflow and automation management
- Activity logging that provides real time information as clients, workspaces, and server resources are added or modified
- Enhanced workspace management functions that include workspace server cloning, workflow task tracking, and client, workspace, server, and resource allocation reporting
- Enhancements to the application programming interface (API) used by partners to integrate workflow and automation management processes with their value added product lines, including support for activity logging that provides a real time stream of information as clients, workspaces, and server resources are added or modified.
The latest version of Cloud Workspace Suite was debuted earlier this year at the 2015 Microsoft Cloud and Hosting Summit, where company CEO Seth Bostock said the integration of Cloud Workspace Suite and Windows RemoteApp would “fulfill the promise of remote application delivery.”