Friday’s Last Word: SAP Channel Chief Kevin Gilroy
It’s nearly time to exit for the weekend. But before the Talkin’ Cloud blogger team goes offline — at least for a few hours — it’s time for Friday’s Last Word. This week’s update comes from SAP Channel Chief Kevin Gilroy, who has been driving 25 percent growth through channel partners for roughly three years now. So what is Gilroy up to outside of SAP?
Here’s the update…
1. Last concert attended: The Boss. Bruce Springsteen. Talkin’ Cloud’s Spin: Wrecking Ball has been getting some great reviews. I saw Springsteen live back in 2008 or so. Was pleased to see The Big Man one last time on stage.
2. Last movie seen: The Candidate with Robert Redford. Talkin’ Cloud’s Spin: We’ll avoid the temptation to ask you who will earn your vote in November’s election.
3. Last big career break: Joining SAP. Talkin’ Cloud’s Spin: It’s hard to argue with 25 percent-plus annual growth in the partner program.
4. Last TV show you really loved and why: House; love his Maverick style. Talkin’ Cloud’s Spin: Hugh Laurie, ironically, was in my hometown about a week ago performing a concern. A man of many talents, apparently.
5. Last really big idea you or your company had: HANA, in memory computing- revolutionary! Talkin’ Cloud’s Spin: A big idea involving Big Data. That makes sense.
6. Last gadget purchased: iPhone 5. Talkin’ Cloud’s Spin: I’m stuck on the iPhone 4. I haven’t gone to 4S and I’m sort of on the fence about iPhone 5 vs. Google Android…
7. Last app installed/purchased: Weight Watchers. Life-long struggles. Talkin’ Cloud’s Spin: Next time hold off on the app purchase so that we can go in for a group discount… Count me in.
8. Last cloud service accessed: Apple iTunes. Talkin’ Cloud’s Spin: I’ve got a stack of about 500 music CDs waiting for import into iTunes. Care to assist?
That’s all for now. Check in every Friday for a new Last Word interview with a channel chief who is focused on cloud computing.