Five Questions for N-able CEO Gavin Garbutt
The N-able Partner Summit kicks off Oct. 14 in Scottsdale, Ariz. More than 350 managed service providers and partners are expected to attend. I hope to sit down with N-able CEO Gavin Garbutt (pictured) and pose these five questions about the state of the managed services market.
5. Money Matters: How is the MSP market performing right now vs. Q1 2009 (which seemed to be a painful quarter for many of the MSPs I’ve heard from)? And how does Garbutt expect top MSPs to perform in Q4 2009 and 2010?
4. Industry Consolidation?: There are quite a few MSP software providers — RMM, PSA, security, storage, SaaS, cloud… Will the MSP software industry remain fragmented with lots of promising players? Or are we poised for consolidation that could potentially redefine the competitive landscape?
3. Investments: Garbutt hinted about a week ago that N-able plans to make a serious financial investment to help drive partner/MSP success. What do those investments involve and how will partners benefit?
2. SaaS vs. On-premise: N-able offers both approaches. Which types of MSPs typically choose on premise? Which types jump into the cloud? And do the answers to those questions vary by region?
1. Financial Markets: LogMeIn launched an IPO in 2009. Does Garbutt have similar plans for N-able? If so, what’s the potential time table?
Got questions for Garbutt and other N-able executives? Feel free to send me email (joe [at] NineLivesMediaInc.com). And stay tuned to MSPmentor and MSPtweet for blog and tweet coverage from the event.