Esnatech Cloudlink 2.0 Extends Unified Messaging, Presence
Cloudlink 2.0, formerly Cloud Connect, integrates Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO) collaboration tools with cloud-based productivity applications inlcuding Google Apps, Salesforce.com and VMware Zimbra — the last of which recently got an upgrade to simplify integrations with unified communications products from Cisco and Mitel.
A few key core capabilities in Cloudlink 2.0 include:
- Unified messaging with Unity Connection voice messages that are transcribed, converted to MP3 and sent to the user’s inbox.
- Rich presence that integrates Cloudlink with Cisco Unified Communications Manager and a user’s calender to publish availability to colleagues.
- Click-to-dial capabilities in which Cloudlink recognizes phone numbers and extensions, allowing users to use the Esnatech iLink extension for Google Chrome to click on a number and instantly place calls from email or within the Chrome browser.
- Send and receive faxes right from Gmail.
- Secure private message controls in Gmail, Zimbra, Notes and GroupWise.
Improving collaboration is a top priority for enterprise IT, and Esnatech is aiming to enable customers and partners to “easily connect with one another from within the applications that they live in every day, such as email or their CRM system,” said Lee Ho, vice president of Marketing at Esnatech, in a prepared statement.
As a pure software solution leveraging SIP and Cisco’s Jabber SDK to integrate with Cisco collaboration products, Cloudlink runs in virtualized VMware vSphere 4.x and higher environments. For partners, one of the selling features Esnatech is touting is its ease of installation and automatic provisioning of Cisco Unity Connection users.