Dell Targets SAP Customers with Two New Cloud Offerings
Dell Services (NASDAQ: DELL) announced the first two offers in its newly launched Dell Cloud suite for SAP Solutions. Dell is targeting customers looking to move their SAP infrastructure by offering a set of SAP-certified cloud services in secure hybrid, public or private clouds. According to the Dell release, the SAP Solutions suite provides “the agility to easily integrate legacy applications and enables customers to expand beyond physical resources for ‘just in time’ resource allocation and incremental on-demand capacity.”
The two new Dell Services offerings for SAP are:
- Dell Cloud Starter Kit for SAP Solutions, which provides customers with two month’s of free access to Dell’s enterprise-level, secure cloud environment, including compute power equivalent to 8,000 SAP Application Performance Standard (SAPS) units of measure; and
- Dell Cloud Development Kit for SAP Solutions, which provides access to 32,000 SAPS of virtual computing capacity to for more advanced customers requiring a rich development landscape for running SAP applications.
“Dell and VMware have a proven track record of providing enterprise-class, secure clouds to organizations of all sizes,” said Kevin Jones, VP of Dell Services, in a prepared statement. “Now we’re giving customers running SAP solutions an easy, low-risk way to take advantage of all the benefits of the cloud in a way that fits seamlessly into their existing IT environments.”
Dell Services offers for SAP solutions include the following SAP-certified components:
- Dell Cloud with VMware vCloud Datacenter Service delivering a secure, enterprise-class, multitenant cloud solution with unique hybrid cloud capabilities
- Dell Cloud for SAP Solutions includes multilayer cloud security using Dell SecureWorks and VMware vShield
- Dell Consulting Services, which is experienced in implementing systems running SAP solutions
- A development kit, which includes the Dell Boomi technology as the centralized platform to deliver enterprise-grade integration
At the end of March, Dell added the Cloud Services and Solutions Certification to its PartnerDirect program, which Talkin’ Cloud viewed as a positive step.