Cloud Alliance for Google Apps Set to Grow
The Cloud Alliance for Google Apps, a consortium of SaaS companies that integrate with Google Apps, sounds like it’s in growth mode. For Google Apps Authorized Resellers, the alliance could pave the way for additional cloud-related recurring revenues.
Launched in November 2011, the Cloud Alliance for Google Apps includes SaaS (software as a service) providers that build and deploy applications for the Google Apps customer and partner ecosystem. The initial members include:
- Bettercloud, security and management for Google Apps
- Expensify, expense reports integrated with Google Apps
- Insightly, a customer relationship management platform for Google Apps
- Okta, identity and access management services
- RunMyProcess, platform as a service (PaaS) with Google Apps integration
- Smartsheet, online project management tools
- Spanning Backup, a backup system that integrates with Google Apps
David Politis, chairman of the Cloud Alliance and CEO of BetterCloud, expects roughly four or five additional Google Apps ISVs to join the alliance in the next two months. The alliance is seeking to move the Google Apps ecosystem forward through webinars and other educational initiatives.
All of the initial alliance members have traction with “thousands” of customers, notes Politis. But the Cloud Alliance for Google Apps wants to make it even easier for customers and channel partners to find and select SaaS offerings that integrate with Google Apps.