Avnet Launches VSPEX Cloud Accelerator Program for VARs
Avnet Technology Solutions, the distribution arm of Avnet Inc. (NYSE: AVT), announced its Avnet VSPEX Cloud Accelerator program at EMC World 2012, with the goal of enabling EMC partners to quickly deploy VSPEX private clouds managed by Microsoft System Center 2012.
EMC VSPEX provides validated reference architectures for small-to-medium enterprise customers that are transitioning from virtualization to private cloud environments. VSPEX combines primary and backup storage solutions from EMC with networking technologies from Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) and Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO), applications and system management tools from Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) and security services from RSA.
“VSPEX is a validated open architecture designed for Intel-based servers and hypervisor choice, which gives channel resellers and systems integrators the ability to leverage their current supplier line cards for compute and hypervisor solutions that will differentiate their market offerings,” said Scott Look, VP and GM of the Technology Infrastructure Solutions group at Avnet Technology Solutions, in a prepared statement. “Value creation is at the core of Avnet’s supplier and reseller partnerships. Our new VSPEX Cloud Accelerator program provides the ideal foundational building blocks for partners and SMEs looking to reduce complexity while building Proven Infrastructures for compute, network, storage management and security.”
According to Avnet, the VSPEX Cloud Accelerator program improves the speed of cloud deployments by:
- Leveraging Avnet’s Microsoft value-added distributor status to accelerate cloud deployments with Microsoft SharePoint, SQL and Exchange applications.
- Providing technical configuration and validation support across multiple brands, including functionality for VSPEX via Microsoft System Center 2012.
- Using a single integrated quote, configuration and order entry process led by Avnet’s dedicated EMC sales organization.
- Accelerating channel awareness and reseller adoption with Avnet’s technical services and partner training boot camps.
- Providing leading security solutions through Avnet’s partnership with RSA and STEALTHbits to provide Microsoft application security.
- Enhancing reseller partners and system integrators’ services opportunities with Avnet’s Data Center Lifecycle Services, as well as Brocade, Cisco, EMC Microsoft and VMware consulting resources.
Our readers can click here to read an overview of the Avnet Technology Solutions partner program.