Six Channel Partner Blogs The VAR Guy Didn’t Write, June 17
The VAR Guy is just about ready to wrap up another week of blogging. But before our resident blogger takes a brief break here are six blogs The VAR Guy didn’t have time to write for the week ending June 17, 2011.
7. Running Out of Time: The VAR Guy’s sister site, MSPmentor, is tracking down the top 250 experts in managed services. Deadline for participation: Friday, June 24. If you — or someone you know — is a managed services executive, entrepreneur or expert feel free to complete the fourth-annual MSPmentor 250 survey. Complete results and a massive report (for your Rolodex) will surface in August 2011.
6. New Insights: Sophos recently announced plans to acquire Astaro. The VAR Guy has already gathered perspectives from Sophos Channel Chief Steve Hale. Next up: An interview with Bob Darabant, VP of Astaro Americas. Stay tuned.
5. Send In the Clones: SAGE Summit is scheduled July 12-15 in Washington, D.C. But Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (July 10-14, Los Angeles) is the same week on the other side of the country. Can The VAR Guy be in two locations at once? (The safe bet: Yes),
4. The Honeymoon’s Over: Groupon received a ton of hype prior to filing for an IPO. But a closer look reveals that the company’s S-1 “exposed many weaknesses” at the company, according to TheStreet. Hmmm… The VAR Guy typically doesn’t participate in high-tech IPOs. Why start buying when the venture capitalists are selling?
3. Double Vision: Sir Richard Branson, founder and president of Virgin Group, is scheduled to keynote Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (July 10-14, Los Angeles). Can’t make it? You can also catch Branson at McAfee Focus 11 (Oct. 18-20, Las Vegas).
2. Shall We Dance?: Want to potentially meet The VAR Guy during Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference? Our resident blogger is setting up meetings for Wednesday, July 13, in Los Angeles. To potentially schedule a 45-minute speed date send email to Kim Daniels (kim [at] NineLivesMediaInc [dot] com. Slots are filling fast…
1. Check the Headline: This remains a Top Six list. Always has been. Always will be.
That’s all for now. Thanks for reading The VAR Guy. Our resident blogger enjoys the traffic and the dialog.