Channel Partner Programs: July 17
This week's moves -- from A to S -- included:
Hey Monty, who made key channel partner program deals for the week ending July 17, 2009? Here's a look at new alliances, reseller agreements and partner program initiatives, as tracked by The VAR Guy.
This week's moves — from A to S — included:
- ADTRAN, the network equipment maker, has launched a leasing program for channel partners. Marlin Leasing Corp. is assisting the effort.
- Alfresco Software Inc. (the open source enterprise content management specialist) and Caringo Inc. (a content storage software provider) have partnered to introduce a combined solution for managing and storing content for billions of files and petabytes of data.
- Avnet Technology Solutions has agreed to distribute Data Domain's deduplication storage systems.
- Bell Micro and Hewlett-Packard are partnering on a “Build OEM Better” (BOB) initiative, not to be confused with Microsoft Bob.
- IT Solutions by Design (ITSBD) of Franklin, Tenn., has joined Consonus Technologies' partner program for disaster recovery and business continuity solutions. Consonus promotes SAS70 Type II data centers to its channel partners.
- Paragon Software, which specializes in security and management, has opened a San Francisco Bay Area office and added Channel Manager Koka Sexton to the team.
- Al Roker is joining The Weather Channel on July 20. It's a channel move, folks. The first reader that emails The VAR Guy about Al Roker's career move gets a $10 gift card to Starbucks. Email: TheVARguy [at] NineLivesMediaInc.com. You must include the subject line "Weather Man."
- Source Technologies has launched a new partner program for its Kiosks and print solutions.
Whether you're joining — or leaving — a partner program, let The VAR Guy know.